West Cornwall Hospital
WCH Acute GP clinic:
Open 12-5pm, 7 days a week
Accessed via the Acute GP number above
7 days a week:
In hours via Acute GP
Out of hours discuss with WCH Bed Bleep holder, if accepted hand over to Ward SHO
WCH Bed Bleep holder and ward SHO: via WCH switch 01736 874000
Point-of-care bloods available at AGP WCH:
Venous blood gas (includes estimated serum Sodium, Potassium and Calcium)
Urea and Creatinine
A note on point-of-care Troponin at WCH:
The only patients we can assess in whom ?ACS is in the differential are patients where:
1. the WORST pain, as discrete episode, was >12hrs ago.
2. the patient is now pain free.
3. there are no acute, ischaemic ECG changes.
• X-ray 08:00 – 23:00 everyday
• CT scanning 09:00 – 16:00 Mon to Fri
• USS 09:00 – 17:00 Mon to Fri, (no vascular imaging, limited capacity)